What is this event?
A large scale LAN Party and esports tournament right here in Omaha, Nebraska. As an attendee you’ll bring your computer or gaming console and have a dedicated space to play video games with hundreds of fellow gamers for the entire event! Internet and two power outlets are provided with each seat. Your ticket also grants you entry into all of our esports tournaments and activities if you so choose to play in them, and entry into our massive sponsor prizes raffle. We’ll also be supporting a variety of casual game servers for leisure-play.
Download our Event Flyer, print it, hang it up or hand it out. Thanks!
Each ticket/seat grants you 32 inches width of space on a table. If you want more table space and/or the ability to bring a larger monitor (greater than 32 inches wide) or two monitors, you will need to purchase two tickets. View NETWAR layout
Ticket refunds are available up to seven days before the event if you are unable to attend. Spectators are able to access the event for free. Tickets are not available at the door. They must be purchased online in advance of the event.
College of Saint Mary
Lied Fitness Center
7000 Mercy Road
Omaha, NE 68106
NETWAR 41.0 will support local hospitals in Omaha, Nebraska. Working with Gamers Outreach, our event proceeds will be able to furnish GO Karts. These are portable, medical-grade video game kiosks that enable hospital staff to easily provide bedside recreation to hospitalized children who are unable to leave their rooms. Thank you for supporting our event!
- Apex Legends
- PlayerUnknown’s BattleGrounds
- Rainbow Six Siege
- League of Legends
- Rocket League
- Team Fortress
- World of Warcraft
- Unreal Tournament
- Call of Duty
- Grand Theft Auto
- Left 4 Dead
- MLB / NBA / NFL / FIFA / ETC.
- Any game with multiplayer ability
- AND MANY MORE!
Thousands of dollars of prizes from our sponsors will be raffled off during the event. This is something you do not want to miss, as you could be taking home an amazing prize!
By purchasing a ticket for the event you are automatically entered into the raffle. Names for the raffle are selected at random from the pool of registered attendees. There will be one prize drawing during the event – check the event schedule for the day and time. You must be present to win and you can only win one prize per NETWAR event. If you are drawn more than once by accident, please notify us. You may not claim a prize for someone else.
Event Schedule & Tournaments
- Free play occurs throughout the entire event. Feel free to play your favorite video games with the majority of other gamers at the event. If you have a video game you enjoy, chances are someone else at the event enjoys that game as well. Connect with them at the event and game on! All esports tournaments are for fun and winners will receive trophies + pride!
|February 24 – Friday|
|6:00pm –||Doors Open and Gaming Begins!|
|7:00pm –||Gamers Oasis Retro Gaming Area Opens!|
|7:00pm –||Minecraft – SGP* – Played throughout the event!|
|7:30pm –||League of Legends 5vs5 Tournament (RULES)|
|8:30pm –||Presentation by UNL – Esports Industry|
|10:45pm –||NETWAR ULTRA SUPER DUPER TRIVIA|
|11:00pm –||Overwatch 2 5vs5 Tournament (RULES)|
|February 25 – Saturday|
|2:00am –||Crab Game – SGP* – And randomly during event!|
|3:00am –||Many other late night fun games!|
|9:00am –||Rocket League 3vs3 Tournament (RULES)|
|11:00am –||Sponsor and Expo Time|
|12:00pm –||Valorant 5vs5 Tournament (RULES)|
|3:50pm –||NETWAR ClickMania v4.0 Game|
|4:00pm –||Counter-Strike: GO 5vs5 Tournament (RULES)|
|6:00pm –||Case Mod Competition|
|7:45pm –||Diehard Heads or Tails|
|8:00pm –||RAFFLE!** Tons of awesome sponsor prizes!|
|9:00pm –||End of Event|
** – Must be present at raffle to win.
All times are tentative and subject to change.
View Hall of Fame of past tournament winners!
- Tournaments are open to both Computer and Console systems if the game supports cross-play such as Rocket League and Apex Legends. However, if a game is not cross-play compatible or systems like XBOX Live are down, then the tournament is PC only.
- There are NO cash prizes for tournaments. Winners will receive an awesome laser etched trophy.
- Tournament teams consist of teams or PUGs (throw together teams at the event). If you are in an existing team you can play together in a tournament at the event. If you are not in a team you can easily join a throw together team or get picked up to play for a short handed team. This will be done at the event a little bit before the tournament starts.
- To join a tournament all that is required is to be at the event before that particular tournament starts and register for it on our Intranet site at the event.
- Playing in tournaments at the event is NOT required, you can pick and choose what tournaments you want to play in or you can just free play all your favorite games with others the entire event. You can even start your own tournament in a game of your choosing.
We understand that there are a lot of popular games out there, but we can’t possibility run a tournament for them all. We have to limit to four tournament games due to the length of the event. We have tried doing more in the past, but always run into time issues. We also can’t run them in parallel due to attendees wanting to play in more than one, as well as the confusion when we make announcements and organize the tournament.
What to bring to NETWAR
- Your seven character ticket code found on the registration confirmation email you received. It can also be found under My Tickets section in the event registration page.
- If you are Under 18: Bring this document signed by your legal parent or guardian
- Computer tower, laptop, or gaming console.
- If you are bringing a Nintendo Switch, please be sure to bring a wired gigabit network adapter.
- Monitor / TV (Only 1 monitor allowed per seat, 32 inches wide or less)
- Long Category 5e/6 Network Cable (25 Feet or Longer) – Here is one on Amazon prime
- Your computer or gaming console MUST have a wired network card. No wireless (WiFi) is available for gaming.
- Power cable for monitor / TV
- Power cable for computer / console
- Video cable (DVI, HDMI, etc.)
- Keyboard **
- Mouse **
- Mouse Pad
- Audio Headset **
- Game Controller **
- Software (Games and Operating System)
- Deodorant (Makes you smell better)
- Money – Cash/Debit/Credit card for food, drinks, etc.
- Optional: Your favorite desk chair (A folding chair is provided, not the most comfortable, bring a pillow to sit on.)
- Optional: Sleeping bag & pillow (Sleeping is allowed in designated sleeping areas – do not sleep in the aisles)
** – We recommended using wired devices (keyboard/mouse, controller, headset, etc.) instead of wireless to avoid any potential interference with your gear at the event. It is very likely your wireless gear won’t work at all.
- Network cable (That is also long enough, minimum 25 feet)
- Power cord
- Mouse pad
- Gaming skillz 🙂
System Check List (Before you leave your house)
- Install all games you wish to play. (Before the event!)
- Patch all games you installed to their latest version (Including updating all Steam games)
- Install all updates for your computer's operating system
- Scan computer for Viruses with Trendmicro Housecall https://www.trendmicro.com/en_us/forHome/products/housecall.html
- Scan computer for Malware and Spyware Malwarebytes - http://www.malwarebytes.org
- Make sure that your system is in working order before attending.
Network CableBring a 25 foot or longer Category 5e/6 Ethernet Cable.
HeadphonesYou are NOT allowed to bring your speakers, they take up too much space and make too much noise. Please bring a headset along with you.
Monitor Size LimitWhile we do allow a lot of sizes, we would appreciate if you would limit it to 32 inches wide or less (per seat). You will be expected to work with us on space if we need it. If you feel you have an inability to compromise, we suggest you bring a smaller monitor.
Power RestrictionsTwo (2) 110V sockets (computer/console and monitor). Anything beyond a computer/console and monitor/TV has to be approved by the admins. If you need to charge your phone, plug it into a USB port on your computer. We may check your computer's power draw if there is a power issue on your circuit. In the event issues keep occuring we may ask the participant to relocate seats or make changes to their system to reduce power draw.
What not to bring
- UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply). They can trip our breakers when their batteries charge.
- Power strips, splitters, tri-taps, etc - you are only allowed (2) 120V sockets
- Sofas, recliners, futons and other large furniture of the sort
- Drugs, alcohol and weapons
- Pets and Animals
- A bad attitude
Important Information For Those Under 18
If you are under the age of 18 and plan to attend NETWAR, your parent or legal guardian must sign this document. Please print, have them complete it and then bring it along with you to the event. You must present this completed document to the NETWAR staff at the event to be able to attend.
These rules apply to everyone attending NETWAR and can change without notice. Failure to follow these rules is grounds for dismissal from the event at the admins’ discretion.
- By attending NETWAR, you fully agree to and adhere to all Terms & Conditions, Disclaimers, and Legal Notices in this Agreement.
- You are responsible for your actions and equipment. We are not liable for anything that happens to you or your equipment.
- Do not bring alcohol or drugs, no alcoholic beverages are allowed in the venue.
- Do not attempt to steal items from the event or anyone else. Legal consequences will be a result.
- Act in a responsible and mature fashion. We want good sportsmanship in a fun environment.
- Smoking is only permitted outside of the building.
- Cheating is not tolerated.
- Do not bring any type of hacks/viruses/etc to the event.
- Listen to those in charge.
- You may only consume a third of the space of a table with your gear, you are required to allow enough space for two other attendees to share the table with you.
- We reserve the right to remove anyone from the premises for any reason we see fit.
- Absolutely no ghosting (looking at opponents screens). This is cheating. Your team will be removed from the tournament.
- No cheating / hacking. Mod menus, exploits and hacking of any kind is strictly prohibited.
- Team captains are responsible for their team (i.e. getting them on the server in time when called to join a server).
- If your team is unable to be ready within 5 minutes of being called you will forfeit the match.
- The NETWAR Tournament Admin has the final say in any dispute.
Terms & Conditions
By attending NETWAR, I fully agree to and adhere to all Terms & Conditions, Disclaimers, and Legal Notices in this Agreement.
Food and Beverages
You MAY bring your own drinks and snacks into the venue. NO alcohol is allowed. Why? Read more.
The venue will have concessions cooking food during the event for purchase. Pepsi products and energy drinks will be available for purchase. This is a non-alcoholic event. There are many restaurants and bars located within walking distance of the venue.
We recommend bringing a reusable water bottle for filling at the water filling stations.
Calling All Volunteers
Please fill out this volunteer form if you are interested in lending a hand to such a great charity event. No experience is necessary.
We need all the help we can get because it takes a lot of work setting up and tearing down these events. Thank you!
Contact Us / Chat with the Community
Connect with our local gaming community on Discord, Facebook and Subreddit.
For questions, suggestions, assistance with registration issues and refunds, please Contact Us.
Questions, comments, just want to hang with the NETWAR family? Connect with us on Discord for all thing NETWAR! We use Discord for all communication and updates during our event.
Interested in sponsoring NETWAR? Please Contact us
FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
Now maybe you are not competitive, perfectly fine, hang out with your friends at the event, meet MANY other likeminded gamers in the local community and make some new friendships. Win HUGE prizes in our raffle. You have a high likelihood of winning a graphics card, computer case, gaming gear and many other prizes that are worth many times your ticket price. While all of this is going on, the event proceeds are going to work as a charitable donation. That's right, the entire event is a non-profit, we raise money for local charities. It's a great time to be a gamer! See the event details for more information.
**This is not an officially supported configuration - bring your normal monitor stand in case it doesn't work. 🙂